The vtTA is the voice for technology in Vermont -- with a mission to support, promote and grow technology jobs and technology companies in Vermont.
We are the only business organization focused solely on Vermont's technology business sector.
By joining the vtTA you become part of a network of tech-focused Vermont businesses and organizations.
Here are some reasons to become a member:
- Included with all business memberships is the posting of all job openings in our Career Center. We created a Career Center featuring 150+ job openings from our member companies, for both tech and non-tech positions. We post openings for members year-round. Many members tell us this service alone is worth their membership alone, and that qualified candidates have come to them through the center.
- The vtTA successfully advocates on behalf of Vermont’s technology business sector for tech-friendly legislation, policies and programs.
- Members are part of an organization that Vermont Legislators, state officials and other leaders turn to for tech business insight, information and advice.
- We stay on top of legislation and regulations that are relevant to Vermont’s technology business sector, keeping the industry’s best interests in mind.
- The outreach provided by vtTA’s executive director and board represents thousands of dollars in value to our member businesses.
- The vtTA’s efforts have led to the creation of the Entrepreneurial Loan Program, repeal of the Cloud Tax, expansion of economic development marketing and other legislation and policies in support of tech businesses and entrepreneurs.
- We connect and work with Vermont’s congressional offices on issues important to our members, such as patent troll and net neutrality legislation.
Collaboration & Networking
- We collaborate with organizations throughout Vermont, including state and federal government, businesses, non-profit organizations, schools and colleges to promote and support Vermont’s technology business sector and tech-based careers.
- We host networking, education and social events that allow you to make contacts and capitalize on partnering opportunities.
- We provide access to peers, leaders and decision makers.
- Membership offers opportunities for introductions to build your connections, and expand your network.
- Build marketing exposure through vtTA sponsorship and advertising opportunities.
- Gain access to leading Vermont technology companies through our online membership directory.
Technology Events and Projects
- We produced a Vermont Tech Employment Report to draw attention to the increasing role that the technology sector plays in creating high-paying jobs throughout the state, and the economic growth opportunity it represents for Vermont's future.
- We published Tapping Tech to highlight the positive impact of Vermont’s growing technology businesses and their importance to the state’s economy.
- We generate media coverage on Vermont tech businesses, jobs and ecosystem
- The vtTA sponsors and organizes of the annual Vermont Tech Jam event to showcase Vermont technology companies and career opportunities, attracting up to 2,000 visitors.
- The vtTA presents the annual Tech Jam Awards, recognizing innovative Vermont technology products and people at a special Tech Jam event.
- We lead projects in support of Vermont’s technology sector, including an economic impact study of Vermont’s tech industry and a tech job recruiting plan.
Connect with the Tech Community
- Our Career Center features job postings from members - free for all business members.
- We compile and list Resources from and for our members
- Our Monthly newsletter and ongoing communication on website, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook channels, include opportunities to share news and information about your business or organization.
- Our LinkedIn Group has more than 1300 members - one of the largest in Vermont.
- We promote and participate in technology and economic development focused events and meetings
- We are part of a nationwide group of similar organizations in other states with opportunities for information sharing and business development.
- Free job postings in our Career Center
- Business/organization profile on our website
- Access to contacts in our membership directory
- Business listing on the Resources page of the website.
- Membership discounts to our social events,
- Member-only invitations and access to career, business, and networking opportunities.
- Exclusive sponsorship and co-marketing opportunities.
Who Can Be a Member?
The Vermont Technology Alliance welcomes members from all technology-focused companies and individuals, and businesses and organizations that support, work with or benefit from the technology business sector.
This includes: software, hardware, IT, telecommunications and networking, manufacturing, web design and development, game and app development, bioscience, energy, educational institutions, consultants, banks, law firms, real estate agencies, accounting businesses, employment agencies, insurance companies, non-profit organizations and others.
How Do I Join?
You can register online today!
Contact vtTA Executive Director Jeff
Couture, email@example.com, or 802-735-0840, for more information.